Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chalkboard Labels

I love love love these!  They were so cheap and easy to make.  I went to Michael's Craft Store and bought small, thin, wooden boards and ribbon.  I chose a black ribbon with white detail.  I also went to a local home improvement store and purchased Chalkboard Spray Paint.

I sprayed the wooden boards with two coats of paint and then stapled the ribbon to each side so it would be able to tie onto any basket.  You can use these labels for anything.  I have many baskets, such as laundry, remotes, blankets, etc., labeled in my house.  I bought all the baskets at Home Goods or Target.  The cost was less than $10.00 for everything (not including the baskets) and I was able to use the spray paint to make other sticker labels as well.  It was a great way to update on a budget. I have also seen baskets with chalkboard labels retail for about $40.00. 


Love it?  Hate it?  Tell me your opinion!

1 comment:

  1. omg i love this idea its so organized and cute. i want to see more of the boards!!

    ReplyDelete